Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shadow Play

This is an ancient cloth-iron which was used by my mom (bought by my dad). Being free at home, I cleaned it up a little for this photo shoot.

In this picture, I'd placed the iron on my glass table top (for reflection purpose) and taking it from a high up angle with a strobe to the left of my camera. To bring out the iron from the background, I placed another strobe light behind and to the right of the iron, thereby creating a 3d effect.

For this take, I also used 2 strobe lighting and a reflector and 2 pieces of white cardboard to create a light-tent effect (those used for product photography). The main strobe is again placed on the left of my cam, with the reflector on the opposite (pointing to the front of the iron) to fill away the shadow, with the iron sitting on top of the white cardboard. As my house does not have any white wall, I used the 2nd strobe at full power to blow out my wall to create the white background in this pic.

2 comments:

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

I used to have that iron. Donno where i put it now. Hahah

FRANKIE said...

Must not lose it willy, might be valuable in the future

...................................................................................................................
© SMILEPHOTOWORK.BLOGSPOT.COM 2008 | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED