Sunday, August 24, 2008

Don't go out when you are sick!

I was just recovering from fever (but still coughing) when I received a call at 7am this morning from a Roland Chew, (a drug/poison pusher, a camera equipments knowledgeable sifu) to go to Matang for macro. Hesitated at first but changed my mind spontaneously and went ahead as it was attractive because we were going to a different venue, not Stutong like always. Met up with the guys at a coffee shop along Jalan Batu Kawa, had coffee, kolomee and cigarettes and off we went. Matang, here I come...

Below are really tiny mushrooms (don't know whether it's classified as mushroom but nevermind, I'll just use the term for these), only 3-5mm in diameter.

Some wild flowers found along the jungle walkway.

A frog, the other fellows said I was "LUCKY" to come across a frog.

Now, here I would like to show photographers (new or pro) how to CORRECTLY use a tripod.

The footings must be extended to the minimum-required-opening (as shown above) for the tripod to withstand the camera on top of it. Using the tripod and ignoring this rule (like below, footings not properly opened outward) would prove to be costly...

...costly as in this...there goes my new (3 weeks old) macro lens.
Points to ponder: When you hesitated, do not rethink again (I had initially rejected the idea of going out to do macro as I was only recovering but because Matang was a new venue for me, I changed my mind). And when I came across the frog, I was told that I was "LUCKY" to come across a frog... hmmmmmm.

I made a call to HSBC Card Centre (the lens purchased with a credit card) enquiring about the broken lens. Was really delighted to hear that I was able to make an insurance claim for the broken piece. Was told that the insurance would cover theft and broken items (if purchased with credit cards) for a period of 30 days from date of purchase, and I got the above on 5th August 2008. Like what Canon says "Delighting you always", boy was I delighted. Maybe HSBC should use this tagline.

So, go ahead and apply for a HSBC credit card today if you don't have one YET! Toll free number is 1800-88-7088 (Free promo for HSBC?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... lucky it's insured...
i wonder citibank is the same o not .. else i'll switch to HSBC liao ..

hehe

FRANKIE said...

Should be the same for most credit card, providing purchase insurance for the first 30 days.

Anonymous said...

Wow. i didn't know about this. Cool...

...................................................................................................................
© SMILEPHOTOWORK.BLOGSPOT.COM 2008 | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED